COLLECTION & USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information when you use our website www.cozmeticlab.com.au (website) and sign up to receive news from us, create an account, buy our products or complete the contact form; when you interact with us by e.g. completing our contact form, signing up for news updates, sending us an email or making a complaint; in the course of our business relationship with customers, contractors, suppliers and other business contacts. This might include remuneration details, emergency contact details, financial and banking information, tax file number and so on.
If you have provided us with contacts details for another person (e.g. an emergency contact), you must ensure that they have consented to this disclosure; about individuals seeking employment with us. If you apply for a job with us we may collect certain information from you or a recruitment consultant, your previous employers, universities and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist us in our decision in offering employment. This information will include your name, contact details, information about your working history, other relevant records and background checks. If you have provided us with contacts details for a referee or another person, you must ensure that they have consented to this disclosure.
TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal data we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as your date of birth, gender, and post code;
- Account information, such as your username and password;
- Billing information, billing address, and proof of identification;
- When you access the Services through Facebook credentials, the information Facebook makes available to us based on your Facebook privacy settings, such as your name, picture, and email address.
- If you make a payment through our website we do not collect your payment details. These are directed straight to the merchant (e.g. AfterPay or PayPal).
If you do not provide the information we require, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, pay your accounts, consider your job application or otherwise deal with you.
We collect and use personal information so that we can: communicate with you; deal with your enquiry or complaint; provide you with newsletters and information about products and services; invite you to events or to enter a competition; provide you our products and services; develop new products; profile the type of people accessing our site; analyse your use of our site; administer any contract we may have with you; do other things that are related to your interactions with us and to facilitate our business operations e.g. invoicing, account management, recruitment, managing personnel.
If you receive any promotional material from us and you do not wish to receive this any longer, you may remove your name from our list by contacting us at email@example.com and asking to be removed from the mailing list or by using the unsubscribe facility provided.
USE OF OUR SITE
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Establish and maintain any account you create on our websites or mobile apps;
- Fulfil, manage, and send you information about your orders;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including the products we offer and our websites and mobile apps;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews;
- Offer promotions, sweepstakes, or other contests;
- Administer surveys and other market research;
- Conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behaviour;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, our websites and mobile apps, and other products and services we offer (including to develop new products and services);
- Tailor the content we display to you in our communications, and in connection with your use of our websites or mobile apps;
- Analyse and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our company policies (including to verify users’ identity in connection with access or correction requests); and
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile apps), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the use of our websites and mobile apps.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Cozmetic Lab does not sell personal information to others. Cozmetic Lab may, however, share or disclose information you provide us to other companies and people under the following circumstances or where permitted or required by law:
- Agents and Service Providers
We may from time to time employ or contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf e.g. running an event or competition, mailouts. They only have access to such personal information as is needed to perform their functions, and may not use any of this information for other purposes.
- Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, the personal information we hold is one of the transferred business assets.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
Cozmetic Lab maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will ensure the security of the personal data.
If you have access to parts of our website that are protected by a password, your personal information may be accessible by any person that has your password. You must ensure that your password is kept secret and not disclosed to anyone else. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that you suffer by any unauthorised access to your personal information that has been caused or contributed to by you disclosing, or being careless with your password.
All personal information held by us is kept on a secure server and protected by firewall security systems. We may also hold your personal information in hard copy files which are only accessible by our personnel.
When you communicate with us through social media services, the social network provider and it partners may collect and hold your personal information overseas.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
If you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you can request access to your record. If you think that your personal information is inaccurate, you should let us know and we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct the information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, it is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading.
CONTACTS AND COMPLAINTS
If you want access to your records, have any questions or concerns about this Policy or a privacy complaint, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make a complaint we will respond in a reasonable time. We may review and update this policy from time to time. Any updated version will be posted on our site. We recommend you check the site occasionally for updates.